Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Marketing: Blog design and Pattern Reclamation

Today I am thinking a bit about marketing.

I think that my pattern layout design may not be ideal, based on threads I have read on Ravelry as well as my own gut feeling. One thing I do like about my pattern layout choice is my colour theme of purple and green. With that in mind, I thought a redesign of my blog was in order, to bring it more in line with that theme and to freshen it up. With that in mind - any former readers feel free to weigh in on the new design (new readers, I'm also happy to hear from you about my blog design - what works for you, what doesn't?)

I also realised that my Tea Set pattern should be out of its exclusivity period with Yarn Magazine, so I am looking at what I need to do to release that as a self-published pattern.

2 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

I'm not sure if I saw your blog before the redesign. I think I did, but I don't remember. I love the look you have, with nothing to compare to! And how exciting to be entering the realm of self-publishing! Kudos!!!

Marikamum said...

Thanks, Snowcatcher :')
The old look was an OOOOLLLLLDDDD Blogger template - an old fashioned wallpaper type pattern in brown. Very brown. I think it was the best combination of interesting but streamlined I could find at the time, when I was just trying to find a place to put up some patterns. This would be a few months B.R. (before Ravelry) for me.