Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Submission Pitch for Mythology DAL

To start off my submission pitch work, I decided to try to do my sketch in Illustrator - to practice drawing and creating larger shapes so that I can eventually create sketches and schematics online. I am sure there are more efficient ways to do it (I basicaly used it like a glorified Paint program), but I persevered and came up with something maybe approaching halfway decent:


I then used the InDesign file I used for the last submission call I responded to as a template for the current pitch (though I removed my contact information as I planned to post it here on the blog. Initially I used the .pdf version of the sketch in the submission pitch, but I realised that I had read somewhere that if I link to the .ai file, then any changes I make in the Illustrator file will automatically update into the InDesign file if I open it and re-save. Seeing as I have already changed the file to simply read "Ribbing" instead of "SlStBlo Ribbing", because I want to experiment to see which sort of ribbing works best, I think that mutual updating ability will be key!

I stopped by Knit and Stitch in Bethesda looking for some Habu yarn for another project and also hoping for a summery sort of yarn to try with the headband. I found a linen cotton blend by Araucania called Lontue and purchased the green-blue colourway. I am hoping it looks good and reads as more green than blue when worked up *crossing my fingers*.

Here is the picture of my swatching:



Finally, I have put it all together into a one page submission pitch document:



What do you think?

1 comment: